Ratan Tata story, Let us start with the history of the Tata group. The Tata group was founded in 1868. It is India’s largest conglomerate. The Tata group has a very high repute in terms of fairness, integrity, ethics, and social consciousness. The data group in 1868 was founded by Sir Jamshedji Tata and was headquartered in Mumbai, India.
The Tata group is now Being managed under the management of Sir Ratan tata, great-grandson of the founder of the Tata group. Sir ratan tata’s company has successfully transformed from a national Corporation to a leading multinational corporation.
Who is Ratan Tata? :-
Ratan Naval Tata, is an Indian industrialist, philanthropist, and former chairman of Tata Sons. He was born on 28th December 1937. He was also the chairman of the Tata group from 1990 to 2012, and again as interim chairman, from October 2016 through February 2017, and continues to head its Charitable Trusts. “Ratan Tata story”.
Education history of Ratan Tata
Sir Ratan Tata studied at Campion School, Mumbai till 8th class, followed by the cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai, And at Bishop cotton school, Shimla. In 1955, he got a degree in architecture from Cornell University, and at last, in 1975 he attended a seven-week advanced management program at Harvard Business School.
Sir Ratan Tata’s personal life:-
Ratan Tata Personal story, Sir Ratan Tata is the son of Sir Naval Tata (born in surat). His biological maternal grandmother had been the sister of Hirabai tata, wife of group founder Jamshedji tata. And his biological grandfather Hormusji Tata had belonged to the broader Tata family. His parents Naval and Sonoo separated in 1948. When Ratan was 10 years of age. The widow of Sir Ratanji Tata, his grandmother, Navajbai Tata, who formally adopted him.
through the J.N. petit Parsi orphanage. Sir Ratan Tata has a half brother, Noel Tata. Ratan tata is unmarried, He also Stated back in 2011, that he
almost got married four times but he backed off due to one reason or another.
Sir Ratan Tata in 1962 joined the Tata group and his first job involved working with the Tata Steel division in Jamshedpur. He was appointed the director in charge of the national radio and electronics Company Limited (Nelco) in 1971 and was successful in turning Nelco around.
Tata later became the chairman of Tata industries, it was under his leadership and successful management that Tata Consultancy Services went public and Tata Motors was listed in the New York Stock Exchange, which gives it even more power internationally and recognition. During his tenure, the company launched India’s truly Indian car “INDICA”.
In 2000 tata’s food division acquired Tea firm, Tetley, for GBP 70 million. The most unique and generous idea From sir Ratan tata came along with “Tata Nano“. It was the most celebrated one. the idea of nano was born with his concern for the safety of nuclear families commuting on 2 Wheelers. He suggested that the miniature car should be fitted with just one windscreen wiper. This reduced its price and maintenance cost, which made the car completely affordable for people who could never think of
buying a car due to financial strains.
A SWEET REVENGE
The Ford officials came to the headquarters of Tata Motors, Bombay. During their meeting with the Ford officials, Sir Ratan Tata Was humiliated for the launch of the passenger car division. And due to the poor response, it received. Reportedly, The Ford officials told them, “you do not know anything, why did you start passenger car division at all? , We will do you a favor by buying your car division.”.
Nine years after the humiliation, time changed. And the mighty Ford was on verge of bankruptcy after the 2008 global financial meltdown. Ratan Tata and his team then did a big favor to American giant marquee brands Jaguar and Land Rover. The Ford chairman thanked Sir Ratan Tata, saying “you are doing us a big favor” by buying Jaguar and land rover.
Uncommon luxuries owned by Sir Ratan Tata:-
- Tata residence – Tata’s residence is sprawling over 14,000
square feet and it costs around 150 crores. The mansion consists of many luxuries including luxurious
rooms, a gym, a swimming pool, a sundeck, and much more.
- Dassault falcon private jet – Many people do not know this one
fact about Sir Ratan Tata That he is a trained pilot. The first
Indian civilian, who got to fly An F-16 Falcon in 2007. This
private jet costs approximately $30,000,000. The jet is
customized with tata’s specifications, including a conference
facility, sleeping arena, a bathroom. Tata usually flies this
- Jaguar XF-R- The Jaguar XF R is one of the most powerful
salon cars with supercharged speed. The car can hit 100 MPH in
a few seconds. The car costs around $40,000.
- Ferrari-California– Ferrari is a top-notch car, the car is a
convertible, top speed, red Ferrari California. Rupees 3.45 crores approximately are the cost of the car.
- Maserati Quattroporte – This amazing car features an
acceleration speed of 0-60 in 4.7 seconds. Ratan Tata once said
that this car is smoother than Ferrari and terrific one to drive.
- 1996: Forayed into telecom sector with the launch of Tata
- 1998: Oversaw Tata motors producing india’s first indigenously designed passenger car Tata Indica.
- 2000: Tata global Beverages acquired UK-based Tetley group, making it the world’s largest tea producer.
- 2001: led Tata consultancy sevices (TCS) acquired CMC (Computer maintenance corporation).
- 2002: led Tata sons acquire the state-run videsh sanchar Nigam Limited. (VSNL) now known as Tata Communications.
- 2003: TCS becomes first indian software company to cross 1 billion dollars in revenue.
- 2004: Tata motors acquires the heavt-vehicles unit of Daewoo motors.
- 2005: Tata steel acquires singapore based steel company Natsteel.
- 2006: Tata sky satellite television service launched across india.
- 2006: launches Croma, the Multi brand retail outlets for consumer Electronics.
- 2007: Tata steel acquires Anglo-Dutch steel Maker, Corus.
- 2008: Tata steel unveils tata Nano, world’s cheapest car.
- 2009: Tata Teleservices launches Pan-india mobile service with Japan’s NTT DOCOMO.
- 2011: Tata nano launched Internationally in Sri lanka and Nepal.
- 2012: Tata global Beverages forms joint venture with Starbucks.
2000: Honored with Padma Bhushan.
2006: Honored with CNN-IBN Indian of the year in Business.
2008: Honored with Padma Vibhushan.
SIR RATAN TATA IS A MAN OF HIS WORDS,FAIRNESS AND